20/05/2009

radio on the tv

(this was in drafts from ages ago, so just thought I'd post it anyway)
not actually related to Tom's coincidentally recent TAL post (yeah i hear google likes superfluous linking)

This American Life TV shows *

I don't feel too guilty about watching this on streaming as it seems near enough impossible to buy on iTunes if you're in the UK. I wasn't sure if I was just being a retard so I've been trying anyways long enough to whet my appetite some - and the one I'd been most particularly looking forward to, just from the summaries, was 'behind the camera'.

instead of making tv in a TAL-style, this literally does just seem 'radio on the TV' - the images don't seem to add that much. I'm not sure what I was expecting. More stunts and explosions?

maybe just a more naturalistic, exposing, documentary-style. something taking more advantage of the visual... we don't need so much dialogue. we can just watch stuff.**


* yeah the sound is out of sync on these but hey, close your eyes and you can pretend it's radio again. or you can pretend that the rules of the universe have both inversed and exaggerated, and sound now travels significantly faster than light. y'know, whichever's easiest.

**to be fair, this might be quite related to the out-of-synch thing.

No comments: